St Matthew’s is an Anglican church built in 1882 in the heart of Bayswater, just to the north of Kensington Gardens. A rich local area and history play an important part in defining the church we are today.
The church, a Grade II* listed building in Victorian Gothic Revival style, was built by John Johnson II, financed by John Derby Allcroft of Stokesay Court Shropshire [read more click here]
The parish of St. Matthew’s covers a small area of Bayswater (see map, Appendix A) between Notting Hill Gate and Paddington in the City of Westminster. It is bordered on the south side by [read more click here]